Join Our Team!
This is an exciting opportunity to lead one of Central Oregon’s most impactful non-profit organizations to even greater heights! If you are a visionary leader that is passionate about children, families, and the greater Central Oregon community, this may be your next calling!
Who We Are:
We envision a community where all children and families have the resources they need to thrive! Since 1990 Deschutes Children’s Foundation (DCF) has been providing rent free classroom and office space and no cost facility management for a carefully chosen group of programs in order to build a foundation of success for local nonprofits in order to build a foundation of successful programs providing invaluable support to the children and families of Central Oregon. In the last year we saved our partners over $1.2 million and provided the opportunity for over 60,000 campus visits.
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114.
What You Get to Do!
Leadership & Management:
- Develop and recommend strategies to ensure DCF’s financial future and fulfillment of its mission.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize collaborative relationships with Executive Directors of partner agencies, volunteers, board members, event committees and funders.
- Recruit, develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio member of each board committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations, as well as for future strategic growth and development.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain DCF’s high-performance staff to ensure effective operations, goal alignment with partner agency’s needs, and regularly evaluate program components, in order to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Be an active evangelist for DCF in the community to maintain a positive reputation for DCF in the area, region, and larger nonprofit community.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Develop overall fundraising strategy including expanded revenue generation and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and future expansion.
- Overall oversight of several large annual fundraising events.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations, with the goal of creating a stronger brand and growing individual donations.
- Create, enhance and expand presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Identify new funding sources. Create and manage comprehensive grant and corporate financial support strategies and activities, including developing and maintaining strong relationships with grant-funding organizations.
- Design and lead the strategic business planning process for DCF.
- Build new partnerships and enhance current partner support.
- Establish relationships with new funders, foster relationships with current and past funders and political and community leaders with special consideration for each of our campus locations in Central Oregon.
What You Will Need:
- Our Executive Director will be passionate about DCF’s mission!
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, an advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of management experience, experience in non-profit management preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit fund development including major donor fundraising and donor relationship management. Capital campaign management experience a plus!
- A track record of effectively leading performance-based outcomes for organization and staff.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Excellence in organization management, with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and interpret and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors, with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships and recruit new board members.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Must be a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deschutes Children’s Foundation – Reports to the Operations Supervisor (OS)
The Deschutes Children’s Foundation’s mission is to provide the space and support where nonprofits succeed at helping children and families. The Receptionist/Facilities Coordinator is the helpful and welcoming contact who carries out the mission as the on-site representative at the Becky Johnson Community Center. The position is part-time, 30 hours/week, M-F 8am – 2pm, with the possibility of 20 hours in the summer. Generous benefits include paid vacation/sick leave and dental insurance. Compensation range is $15-17/hr based on experience.
- Organizes and facilitates campus functions that foster positive interactions with and between partner staff.
- Greets and directs public on the phone and in person at a busy campus.
- Tracks, reports and oversees building and grounds maintenance with various vendors or volunteers.
- Leads facility orientations for new partner staff and tracks key check out as well as being available to their staff and clients when facility needs and questions arise.
- Manages the calendar and schedules meeting room use as well as writing contracts for said use.
- Manages and organizes facility documents.
- Performs certain business/research tasks as requested by OS.
- Organizes and leads resident partner staff meetings quarterly.
- Oversees the reception areas of the facility and any postings of materials for appropriateness.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance when possible. Makes recommendations to OS for professional services when necessary.
- Maintains contact with and keeps Operations Supervisor (OS) informed, asks appropriate questions and carries forward the mission of the Foundation.
- Inventories and orders supplies for office and campus.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the Foundation and its mission.
- Represents the Foundation in the community in a positive and professional manner.
- Supports the OS efforts as needed.
- Supports Foundation fundraising events and efforts as needed.
Physical and Other Requirements
- Ability to maintain strong and productive working relationships.
- Lifting of up to 30 lbs; frequent keyboarding and sitting.
- Ability to successfully use DCF computer programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not all inclusive and is subject to change. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned, as necessary. Employment remains at will at all times.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.