Every Kid Fund
Meaningful After-School Experiences
About the Fund
The Every Kid Fund is an endowment fund whose annual earnings provide scholarships for youth to participate in meaningful after-school activities. Deschutes Children’s Foundation manages this fund, distributing earned income to eligible organizations that provide these activities through a request-for-proposal process. Typical grant amounts range from $250 to $2,000.
Non-Profit Grant Applications
Nonprofit organizations, please read the information below to see if your organization qualifies for a grant from the Every Kid Fund. If your organization is qualified, you can submit an application while the funding cycle is open.
Specific requirements in order to be considered to receive EKF funds:
- Program must agree to complete a report using the EKF – Tracking Tool for each youth receiving a scholarship.
- Program must agree that activities being funded provide opportunities for positive adult role modeling.
- Program must agree that activities being funded provide opportunities for specific skill building. These funds cannot be used for child care.
- Program must agree to give DCF an accounting of expenditures at the end of each period funded by completing the Recipient Report spreadsheet.
In order to qualify to receive funds for scholarships, nonprofit activity organizations must:
- Apply for membership status in the Every Kid Fund EKF New Provider Application)
- Promote the project by raising level of awareness of availability of scholarships to potential recipients.
- Request a specific amount for the ensuing six months by a deadline date.
- Be accountable for expenditures.
- Agree to certain restrictions on use of funds.
- Agree not to supplant already available dollars.
- Agree to certain reporting requirements.
The Every Kid Fund is intended for children not financially able to participate in after-school activities. It is the intent of the Fund to identify, track, and support individual at-risk youth for as many consecutive quarters as is possible. Consistent involvement in positive activities fosters healthier children and young adults.
If you are a returning nonprofit after-school activity provider, please apply here: EKF Application
For additional questions or for more information, contact Brad Beckwith
The Every Kid Fund has two funding cycles each year.
For the 2023 1st Cycle, applications and reporting will be accepted from December 1 – 15, 2022.
For the 2023 2nd Cycle, applications and reporting will be accepted from June 1 – 15, 2023.
Only nonprofit organizations who provide eligible activities can apply for program membership and receive Every Kid Fund dollars. However, kids can access scholarship money for private lessons through their FAN advocates.
Email Brad Beckwith for more details.
Grants & Contributions
The Every Kid Fund is entirely supported by grants and contributions from private individuals and businesses. To support this unique community resource, contact Deschutes Children’s Foundation at 541-388-3101 or mail your donation to Every Kid Fund, 1010 NW 14th Street, Bend, OR 97703.
We also offer secure online giving here.